Everyone wants a spotless aquarium, not only so that their fish remain healthy but also so that it can look marvelous as well. Well, to make sure that your tank remains clean and safe, you need regular maintenance.
One of the crucial things you need to maintain and clean is the sand substrate in the fish tank. We will guide you on how to do so that you can keep your aquarium flashy and your fish happy.
- 【3 in 1 Function】: ① Dirt Suction. Gravel Vacuum for Aquarium equipped with a duckbill suction inlet accessory, and it is easy to suck the feces away. ② Sand Washing. Aquarium siphon with 3D Filter Basket Net, protect your love fish and small gravel from suck out of the aquarium. ③ Water Changing. Built-in dual airbags, atmospheric cavity, good resilience, effortless operation.
- 【Working Principle】: Manual air-pressing. The upgraded part is equipped with a handle, which has more operating space and saves labor and brings convenience, by testing the fastest speed is to press 7 times. Sand Washer has 2 thickened airbags inside, which can pump water quickly. And using PP ABS materials, resistance to extrusion, do not worry about airbag damage and leakage, can be used for a long time.
- 【Easy to Use】: Push the siphon switch of the aquarium siphon vacuum cleaner several times, and make sure that the inlet tube part is full of water, and then observe the outlet hose. After the water continuously flows out, you can stop push and observe whether it will automatically. If not, continue to operate until the water will flow out quickly and automatically. The sand can move up and down in the extension tube to remove debris from your aquarium.
- 【Accessories Include】:1 *Air-pressing control body; 2 *Extension Inlet Tube; 1 *Extension tube connector; 1 *User Manual; 1 *Duckbill suction inlet(Debris vacuum); 1 *Outlet hose(79inch PVC Hose),the water pipe can be cut according to demand; 1 *Water Flow Clamp(Flow Control),easily adjust water flow; 1 *Fixture clamp(Water pipe clamp), freely fix, free your hands.
- 【Wide Application】: Aquarium Vacuum Gravel Cleaner is suitable for various types of fish tanks, with spliced extension tubes, two-stage splicing combination, both large and small tanks are suitable, and extension tube can be installed according to demand.Four basic combinations(excluding handle length):2 tubes(31.4inch);2 tubes + head(34inch);1 tube(16inch);1 tube + head accessories(18inch).
- 👏-Bestie of Aquarium : This device helps clean glass by magnetizing from an outside pad to the inner glass cleaner part, quickly and easily cleans away algae growth to make your aquarium stays healthy and looks its best.
- 💪-Premium Quality : The scrubber side is made of fabric with tiny hooks that scrape off the algae without damaging the glass. Outside, the surface of the handle is covered in felt so it glides smoothly along as you clean.
- 🙉-Comfortable and Non-slip : it’s a long, wide bar shape that’s easy to get your fingers around, a large, chunky handle makes it easy to hold on to as you move it around and the non-slip grip comes in really handy, too.
- 🌊-Floating and easy to storage : It floats so you never have to worry about it sinking to the bottom of the tank and you can retrieve it without getting your hands wet or disturbing any of your aquatic animals or plants.
- 🙀-Simple and Durable : it’s made of waterproof plastic that protects the magnets from rusting. Because of how the fabric is attached, you don’t have to worry about it getting sand or substrate stuck in the fibers and scratching the glass while you clean. It’s also extremely durable, so it will last a long time.
- Including: Aquarium Fish Tank Clean Algae Scrapers 5 in 1 and Fish Tank Gravel Cleaner Siphon Vacuum for Water Changing and Sand Cleaner.
- Aquarium Fish Tank Clean Algae Scrapers 5 in 1 includes: fish net, gravel rake, scraping algae, fork and sponge brush, can be easily assembled and disassembled with the strap.
- Fish Tank Gravel Cleaner: Easy-to-use water change and sand clean, keep your fishes safe.
- Fish Tank Gravel Cleaner: The soft hose can reach everywhere without difficulty, the gravel washer can be easy to clean the sand and sweep up the trash at the bottom of the fish tank.
- Note: Please wash the product after cleaning the fish tank.
The Steps To Cleaning
The first step to cleaning your fish tank is to know what type of sand is in it. This is because not all sands are the same and might require different cleaning methods. If you are using standard play sand, you just have to rake and siphon it without any extra steps. But if you are using a specialty planting sand, you have to take certain precautions before cleaning.
If you rake it wrong, ammonia can release from this specialty sand. This will be harmful to your fish and will also contaminate the water body. Before cleaning sand, always look at the proper instructions for cleaning it. Additionally, you can also consult with your local fish expert to get an idea of what to do.
Switch off and Disconnect Everything
This is a crucial step when you are trying to clean your sand. You need to make sure that you turn off the heater, switch off the fan, and disconnect all the pumps. If these come with a switch, then flip the switch off, or you can unplug them from any electricity.
There is no need to worry as in this short cleaning period, your fish will be just fine. It is also ideal to not have any electricity on during the water change to prevent electrocution. This is also an excellent opportunity to clean out your filters.
Before cleaning, carefully dip your hand in the water and take out all the plants and decorations you want to clean. You need to wash all of these items with warm water while scrubbing them with a soft brush or your hands to remove any algae or debris that could have gathered up in them.
After you’ve done this, place them on a clean towel or in a bucket. But there are a few things to note. First of all, it’s solely up to you if you want to leave the decoration in or clean them. Secondly, you don’t have to remove live plants as you might damage their roots by doing so.
Siphoning Out Dirt From the Sand
Now is the time to clean your sand. To do this, take a siphon and place it just over your sand and start it up. Carefully navigate over the sand, and the siphon will automatically remove any dirt from the sand and dispose of it into the bucket the siphon is attached to. After you’ve done this, place everything back and turn everything on.
Cleaning Without a Vacuum
If you don’t have a siphon or a vacuum, you can always use the help of sand cleaning fish. Just place the fish in the tank, and they will automatically clean the sand of any unwanted waste or materials. Some of the best fish and creatures to use are Corydoras catfish, shrimp, snails, and Bristlenose plecos.
Keeping your fish tank clean and safe should be your priority. Cleaning sand in your fish tank is one of the most important ways to make that happen. Hopefully, now you know how to clean your fish tank sand and keep your tank spotless.
For articles related to “How To Clean Sand In Fish Tanks,” check out: