Since the growth of COVID-19, traveling to many prestigious locations have been restricted. It’s unfortunate, but it’s the sacrifice that we have to take to prevent the disease.
Fortunately, for lovers of aquariums – Monterey Bay Aquarium live cams are available!
This is great news for aquarium lovers to be able to view the aquatic creatures’ live.
In this article, I’m about to take you through each category that you can watch through the Monterey Bay Aquarium live cams. Are you ready?
What is the Monterey Bay Aquarium?
Monterey Bay Aquarium is an aquarium (obviously, in the name) is located in the city of Monterey in California. For people living in California, you might’ve heard of this prestigious place.
This park opened up in 1984 with the idea of having a kelp forest exhibit. It’s changed drastically since then.
Did you know? 💡 Monterey Park Aquarium is nonprofit and public to the community.
Over the years, the location started focusing on other living creatures such as various fish species, otters, and even unique birds.
Is Monterey Bay Aquarium Closed?
Unfortunately, this place has to remain close due to the surge of COVID-19 cases happening in California. They even mentioned it on their official website that they have to delay the reopening of the aquarium.
You can check out their press releases by clicking on the image above. This was a screenshot from the official website.
It’s unfortunate, I know. But there are good news though!
The good news is – if you’re an aquarium enthusiast or have children/siblings that want to see live animals, Monterey Bay Aquarium has live cams to view them!
Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
Interested in checking out the aquarium’s live cams? When I browsed the official website, it appears that there are 10 live cams total from the aquarium.
Let’s see what they have:
- Aviary Cam – You can birdwatch and check out the aquarium’s aviary. According to the website, most of the birds that were placed at this aviary were initially injured and not being able to survive in the wild. There are dunes with living creatures like shrimps and even crabs.
- Coral Reef Cam – At this part of the aquarium, we can both agree that the ecosystem is colorful. The coral reef at this location is home to many species like the angelfish and filefish.
- Jelly Cam – That’s right! This live cam allows the viewer to watch jellyfish living in their habitat. You’re going to want to see this!
- Kelp Forest Cam – In this aquarium live cam, you can watch an ecosystem of kelp and algae. There are also sharks, bass, and even eels in this ecosystem. You’d find a lot of interesting aquatic creatures from just watching this cam alone.
- Monterey Bay Cam – In this cam, you get a view of the beach from a faraway distance. You can spot seagulls and other beach animals if you watch long enough.
- Moon Jelly Cam – You can watch moon jellies live on here. The live cam for this makes it feel like it’s straight out of a Disney movie.
- Open Sea Cam – This is one of my most favorites. You can find various types of species watching this cam alone. There are giant turtles to rays and tuna. This Monterey Bay Aquarium live cam is like straight out of a documentary.
- Penguin Cam – Are you a penguin lover? You can watch penguins in their ecosystem living and enjoying themselves. Perfect for penguin enthusiasts!
- Sea Otter Cam – First of all, sea otters are friendly and playful. If you’re interested in watching them do their own thing, then you might want to check out this live cam.
- Shark Cam – Yes, shark lovers – where are you at?! You can spot different types of sharks by watching this live cam. You can find leopard sharks to even Pacific angel shark.
That’s all of the available cams on the Monterey Bay Aquarium website. One thing you should know is that they do narrate feedings for penguins and the open sea.
- Penguin Cam – Feeding every day at 3 PM PDT
- Open Sea Cam – Feeding every weekday at 11 AM PDT
That’s all folks!
If you enjoyed the list of cams from the Monterey Bay Aquarium, then please share this article with your friends to help support this blog.
For additional information regarding the Monterey Bay Aquarium, you can reach out to them at:
- Address: 886 Cannery Row Monterey, CA 93940
- Phone: (831) 648-4800
Don’t forget to leave a comment! 🙂