We can all agree that not many people appreciate moss the way we do. If you’re here to learn about the Marimo moss ball terrarium kit, then what you’re about to read will convince you into owning one.
Did you know? 💡 There are tons of benefits to owning Marimo moss balls in your mini-ecosystem.
In this Marimo moss ball guide, you will learn about:
- The basic info regarding Marimo moss ball
- The benefits of having them in your ecosystem
- Places to buy them
While I highly recommend you read through the entire article – you can utilize the table of content below in case you want to skip to a certain topic.
Disclaimer: This guide may contain affiliate links, which means that I’ll earn a commission when you purchase from it. This won’t cost you anything. By purchasing from these affiliate links, the commission will help keep this blog running with free information.
What is a Marimo moss ball?
First and foremost, the name Marimo is actually a Japanese word that stands for “ball-shape seaweed” which perfectly describes this guide. These Marimo moss balls are actually a type of round algae.
Marimo moss balls can live for over a century. That’s 100+ years!
Now jumping back to the topic – the Marimo ball is completely made out of algae, which is quite interesting.
These spherical algae balls can grow outward at an extremely slow rate.
Marimo algae balls can grow outward at a really slow pace at 5mm for every year it lives.
Now why do people keep Marimo algae balls, you asked? I’ll tell you why.
The Benefits of Marimo
So why do people keep Marimo moss balls? Well, if you didn’t know – there are many benefits to keeping them.
- They can stand the changes in pH levels.
- The Marimo moss ball is great for other creatures living in your aquarium.
- Marimo moss ball can tolerate salt water.
- You’re likely to avoid dealing with dead Marimo plant parts because they’re always green and lively.
- These algae balls can stay anywhere in your tank. They will usually float around the aquarium freely.
- Marimo moss balls do not require any care. Just make sure your aquarium is up to maintenance and clean!
- They can shelter your fish from harm. These moss balls don’t carry anything dangerous on them.
- Marimo moss balls can produce oxygen once they consume carbon dioxide.
- It can absorb the build-up pollutants in your tanks such as ammonia and other unnecessary wastes.
As you can see, there are many benefits to keeping Marimo moss ball in your aquarium tank.
You might probably be interested in a Marimo moss ball now, so where can you buy them exactly?
Buying Marimo Moss Ball Terrarium Kit
To buy the Marimo moss ball terrarium kit, you can simply visit this link by clicking here. There’s a great selection of Marimo moss ball products that might catch your interests!
The price ranges from $4 to $8 for a package of a few Marimo moss balls!
Go ahead and check it out! You can find various selection, so just choose the one that best fits your mini-ecosystem.
In my opinion, I would recommend any vivarium owners to keep a Marimo moss ball in your tank. After all – there are so many benefits for the future and betterment of your mini-ecosystem.
If you enjoyed this article, you might also like:
If you enjoyed this article, comment below. The best way to support this blog and continue receiving free information is by sharing any articles on here with a friend!
To learn the price and reviews of Marimo moss ball, click here. 🙂